Today is Friday, March 16th, 2018. This morning the prophets speak to us as we relate our hearts to those of the people of Israel. -Emma
(Take time to write down responses to these questions or discuss in your group)
_ How does it make you feel that God is constantly offering Himself to unworthy people?
Take some time to thank and praise God for who He is, to pray for those you are walking with, for the needs you/group are facing, and for the Spirit to open your heart and eyes as you read the passage, which has been completely inspired by God.
DISCOVER [Romans 10:19-21]
19 But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says,
“I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation;
with a foolish nation I will make you angry.”
20 Then Isaiah is so bold as to say,
“I have been found by those who did not seek me;
I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.”
21 But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.
+ WHAT is this passage saying and what do we learn? (Use these questions below each portion of text to clarify the main point)
- What does this stir up in your own heart?
- Why do you think God would make His people jealous and angry? (v 19)
- Have you ever felt God stirring up emotions in you to pull you closer to Him? (v 19)
- How would you respond if God showed Himself to you and you were not even asking? (v 20)
- How do see God giving Himself to people around you who are not even looking for Him? (v 20)
+ HOW am I compelled to confess sin and how does the gospel compel me to respond with a simple step of action/obedience? (Here are some thoughts to discuss in break-outs)
- Is God using something or someone in your life to make you desire Him more?
- Are you seeking God and asking Him to show Himself to you?
+ WHO are you walking with to discover or grow in Jesus and what is your next step with them, how can we help?