It seems that as Christians in this age, we are being forced to choose science OR God. The truth is, God created the natural laws we attempt to explain through science.
Take a deep breath and meditate on God’s power and presence in your life. The process for the air to become air and ultimately reach your lungs may be “invisible” but its complexity and improbability declares God’s very existence. There are no odds -- even in infinite scenarios -- where billions of sequential actions haphazardly take place to lead to you reading this. Todd
(Take time to write down responses to these questions or discuss in your group)
- Do you believe that “Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame”, or do you find yourself backing away when given the chance to proclaim Christ Lord over all, even science?
- How is the Lord impacting someone you are walking with (to help grow in or discover Jesus)
Take some time to thank and praise God that he has made Himself known to you through an amazing and awe-inspiring earth. Pray that you would be a light that helps those who will otherwise give excuse when called to judgment.
DISCOVER [Romans 1:19-20 ]
+ WHAT is this passage saying and what do we learn? (Use these questions below each portion of text to clarify the main point)
19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
- What have people seen since the world was created? V20
- What is the nature of God? V20
+ HOW am I compelled to confess sin and how does the gospel compel me to respond with a simple step of action/obedience? (Here are some thoughts to discuss in break-outs)
- How can I be prepared to answer the rebuttals that come from saying God’s world makes his existence clear?
- How can I get closer to God through nature? Am I making enough time to draw closer to God?
+ WHO are you walking with to discover or grow in Jesus and what is your next step with them, how can we help?